Bay Shore, New York
Affinity Executive Search
For almost 30 years our client has been working with veterans who are in need of housing and programs that support & address homelessness, physical disabilities, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Traumatic Brain Injury, mental health issues and addiction. Non-veterans, too, have access to housing, drug/alcohol addiction services and job skills/readiness development programs.
Reporting to the President, the Controller will work out of the Long Island Office on a daily basis in setting financial policy and participates in budget management. The Controller leads all accounting services and directs the accounting staff.
* Provides operational recommendations to the President/CEO based on revenue/expense analysis and projections.
* Prepares operating budgets for Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Grant renewals.
* Bank liaison for Agencys line of credit.
* Develops and maintains systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets.
* Ensures the accounting staff maintains financial record systems in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and grant allowable costs.
* Monitors the use of all funds.
* Responsible for the accurate issuing and recording of payroll.
* Oversees the preparation and approval of all financial reporting materials.
* Prepares and communicates financial statements.
* Manages cash flow, directs all financial accounting.
* Monitors banking activity.
* Reports financials to the Board of Directors.
* Provides operational recommendations to the President/CEO based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis.
* Participates in the ongoing strategic planning process as an integral member of the senior management team.
* Experience working for a not for profit.
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
* 5 years accounting experience
* Non-profit experience preferred
* QuickBooks experience preferred
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.