New York, New York
Ngage Specialist Recruitment Limited
My client a mid size real estate developer, offering expertise in property management, investment management, and development and construction of rental housing. Currently they are recruiting for a Project Superintendent to work on projects based in the Manhattan. All projects are 9 to 17 story residential projects
The Superintendent has overall on-site responsibility for the constructing the project to quality standards and within schedule and budget goals. Supervise work of all on-site trade contractors and direct labor. Duties and
* Thoroughly review all project plans, contract documents, and work scopes for constructability, dimensional issues, and coordination issues. Advise Project Manager of any issues.
* Review site logistics plan prior to start of work and advise if any issues.
* Work with Project Manager and Safety Team to set up field office, identify all items required.
* Supervise all other on-site personnel if applicable, including Assistant Supers, MEP Supers, Finish Supers, and Site Safety/Fire Safety Managers.
* Super is directly responsible for making sure the job is built according to all contract documentation and to the highest quality standards set.
* Review all submittals prior to installation of work and advise PM if any problems.
* Super is to develop plan of all benchmarks, axis lines, foundation stakes, and other control points needed. Periodically double-check and verify that control is set correctly, maintained, are properly transferred, and accurately utilized by trades.
* Have subcontractors construct mock-ups as needed prior to start of work. Review and maintain standards set, and ensure materials and equipment used are correct.
* Conduct daily inspections of the work and complete project Quality Control checklists as identified with the project team at the start of the job.
* Enforce the orderly and coordinated completion of work resulting in minimal to no comebacks or punch list.
* Inspect premises at completion and issue punch lists. Follow up with trades to ensure completion.
* Conduct weekly meetings with trade foremen.
* Ensure compliance with project schedule at all times.
* Review overall baseline project schedule with Project Manager and advise of any potential issues or discrepancies. Create with Project Manager Major milestone dates and track progress.
*Mobilize all subcontractors in advance of when they are needed on the job. Assure that all job conditions are ready for them to start when needed without delay.
* Prepare 2 week schedule look aheads and review with trade foremen at weekly meetings.
* Review field work order tickets from subs when required, and sign only if description of work and time is completely accurate. Super is to carefully review contract scope requirements prior to signing and advise foremen if work in question appears to be included.
* Perform other duties as may be requested, including but not limited to participating in preplanning for future jobs, conducting evaluations of trade performance, completing project close-out reports, and overseeing completion of post-occupancy repair work.
7-10 years experience running ground up residential construction projects in NYC.
Multifamily experience is essential
Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field preferred
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.