At The Standard, you’ll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We’re looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what’s right – across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let’s work together.
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
When you work at The Standard, you are part of a company that provides customers financial well-being and peace of mind. As a member of our IT team, you work side by side with the business, pursuing strategic opportunities for our company. It’s an exciting time with new products, new distribution channels and new customer needs that are driving big investments in technology. At The Standard, we are large enough for big opportunities and small enough for big impact.
Are you an innovative Cloud Infrastructure Engineer that is driven to make a difference? Do you want to be part of a great Infrastructure team for one of Portland’s oldest companies? If you can work strategic as well as tactical, then this the job for you.
The Standard is on a multi-year journey to the cloud to modernize key infrastructure and business systems as well as transform how we consume infrastructure services. These programs are in flight now and we have an immediate need for a team member to help drive the Infrastructure and cloud platform components. Working with a team of cloud engineers you will provide designs, implementation through automation, administration, management, performance and capacity planning, and engineering level support for Cloud Infrastructure and Platforms.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer you will help set the direction for the various solutions in partnership with the Solution Architects and our Developer community. You will be a member of an Agile Development Team that focuses on iterative delivery of new designs, capabilities, enhancements, and bug fixes to our enterprise cloud platforms.
As the Team Lead for Cloud Infrastructure Engineers, you will be reporting into the Director of Cloud Infrastructure Engineering. This position will have the opportunity to function not only as a senior technical contributor but also as a leader of the technical team. The best candidate for this position will be extremely well versed in all areas of the Azure Platform including but not limited to Tenant, Subscriptions, Networking, Security, Policies, Compute, Windows and Linux Operating Systems, Storage, Serverless Computing, Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure Containers and Databases.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Minimum of 12 years’ experience designing and administering IT platforms
* Minimum of 6 years’ experience with Microsoft Cloud – Azure
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate extremely well with both internal and external stakeholders
* Subject Matter Expert in designing, implementing, and managing the following with Azure:
* Tenant, Subscription and Management Policy
* Azure networking with Express Route, VPN, Virtual Network peering, Routing
* Cloud Security with policies, monitoring and forensic analysis, Security Groups and Firewalls
* Infrastructure components such as Virtual Machines and Storage Types
* Serverless computing with Kubernetes, Container Instances, Function App
* Platform Services such as SQL, Data Factory, Web Application
* Experience with automation methodologies and processes
* Experience with diverse automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Azure DevOps, Azure Automation, Git, GitHub, ServiceNow to automate CI/CD pipelines
* Test driven development and deployment
* Agile, LEAN
* Ability to design and automate services and capabilities to enable “self-provisioning” by customer
* Curious and driven to acquire new skills autonomously
* Strong, proven performance diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
* Provide support and service transition training to infrastructure operations teams, local and offshore
* Self-starter with an innate ability to adapt to change and motivated to champion the continuous improvement/continuous delivery
* Experience in managing complete infrastructure solution lifecycle
* Advanced knowledge and understanding of information processing principles and practices
* Good understanding and knowledge in core enterprise infrastructure
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws as relevant to IT compliance
* Analytical Skills (e.g., Using Sound Judgment, Problem Solving)
* Applied Learning / Functional Knowledge and Skills (e.g., Troubleshooting, Maintains Industry Awareness/Industry Knowledge)
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent work experience
* Provide backup of Product Owner and Scrum Master role in an Agile team setting which includes customer relationship management, backlog prioritization and Scrum lead
* As the lead, you will be expected to be able to backup any other members on the team and their area of cloud expertise
* Escalation point for incident support, capacity and performance management, auditing tasks
* Coordination of infrastructure implementations to ensure designs and implementations are done in accordance with enterprise standards
* Interacts and assists with vendor engagements for implementations to ensure design and implementations are executed in accordance with Enterprise standards
* Engage with the operational team for the transition of newly implemented solutions to ensure solutions are successfully operationalized
* Support operational teams in terms of implementation verification, Infrastructure Problem and Risk Management (Input and Resolution)
* Participate as a member of the Engineering team and provide input as it relates to standards and processes
* Participates in the implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures
* Participate in ramp-up activities to determine best practices and standards for enterprise-wide deployment, effectiveness, and operations
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.