The State Group
The State Group Inc. is one of North America’s leading multi-trade Industrial and Specialty Services contractors. Established in 1961, we provide comprehensive multi-trade services that include Electrical, Mechanical and Civil on a single source basis. State Group performs over 3 million man-hours annually of Construction, Retrofit, Maintenance, and Emergency Services. State Group employs 1,800+ construction professionals and support staff to complete projects with the highest safety and quality standards. *We are looking for Civil Estimators to join State Group’s Team at our Buffalo, New York Division. This* position is an integral part of our success and provides opportunities for future growth and advancement.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
* We are a rapidly growing company with 60+ years as a successful and financially solid organization.
* Exceptional health and welfare medical plans and a 401k savings plan with company match.
* Paid time off is provided for vacation, sick days, and holidays.
* Auto allowance or company vehicle with gas card.
* State offers competitive compensation and opportunities for advancement.
* Employees are eligible for annual pay increases and bonuses.
* You will be part of a Team recognized as an industry leader with a reputation for excellence.
* We embrace and encourage workplace diversity.
* Relocation assistance available.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Recognize, handle, and process incoming requests for quotations, review information including but not limited to customer project information, labor costs and specific project costs.
* Manage administrative and direct labor work while managing projects.
* Interface with clients and contractors during pre and post-tender applications to develop effective business relationships.
* Ensure quality construction standards are followed.
* Monitor and lead compliance with building and safety regulations.
* Manage and mitigate risks.
* Comply with State Group’s standards and operating procedures, including those pertaining to ISO9001:2015.
WHAT YOU NEED TO JOIN OUR TEAM
* 5+ years construction estimating experience. We have openings for Sr. level Estimators with 10+ years experience and supervisory experience.
* Experience with contracts and both industrial and commercial projects.
* Intermediate MS Office skills, including Excel, Word and Outlook and experience with estimating software.
* Experience in quoting a vast array of project sizes ranging from Service and Maintenance to large multi-disciplined turnkey projects.
* Time management skills, the ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks effectively with a proven track record of success in a busy, deadline oriented environment, and strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong purchasing and negotiation skills and experience.
To learn more about State, visit our website at .
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 – $140,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Bonus pay
* Are you willing to live in or relocate to the Buffalo, NY area?
* Have you estimated jobs with a job bid amount greater than $1M?
Work Location: One location