San Francisco, California
Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Through Kiva Capital, we serve as a bridge between large scale impact first investors and underserved populations. Our digital identity platform enables borrowers who don’t have a track record with traditional financial institutions to record and verify their financial history and gain access to less costly mainstream financial markets.
Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.57 billion in loan capital for 3.9 million borrowers in 98 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva’s team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
Impact first – This is why we exist. This is the drumbeat we march to. Every day.
Extreme ownership – Own it; you, your relationships, your impact. Insist that others support you and hold you accountable.
Be curious and bold – Never stop learning. Question assumptions. Take Risks and dream big.
Inclusion. Equity. Diversity. – Without reservation and without caveat. In our hiring, in our workplace and in our impact in the world.
Honor and integrity – Do the most right thing in the most right way. Cherish diversity and respect each other.
Love and kindness always – Say what you mean. Mean what you say. And don’t say it mean. Clarity. Courage. Kindness.
* Lead with vision: develop comprehensive and actionable marketing strategy and operational plan that support the growth of each of Kiva’s lines of business: Kiva.org, Kiva Capital and Kiva Protocol.
* Manage the overall Brand Strategy and actively monitor key Brand health metrics.
* Build, develop and grow a global team of highly skilled marketers.
* Create and implement innovative multi-channel acquisition strategies & campaigns leveraging legacy online channels (i.e. Google, Affiliates) and more progressive channels (Paid Social, Other Content Marketing channels).
* Develop and deploy a comprehensive lifecycle marketing ecosystem that is designed to drive high levels of engagement and loyalty amongst existing customers
* Lead all marketing focused creative development efforts.
* Manage all external PR and internal communications efforts.
* Scale a comprehensive customer storytelling machine and drive all industry thought leadership efforts.
* Create compelling product marketing that helps consumers understand key features and benefits (content, imagery, digital copy, video, etc.).
* Manage all online and offline event efforts.
* Define OKRs and provide tracking, measurement, KPI and ROI analysis for marketing initiatives and campaigns.
* Operate with an agile, test/learn/iterate mindset at all times.
* Lead a customer first mindset, developing a data informed position on who our current and target customers are, and implementing strategies and tactics that help us acquire and retain valuable customers.
* Collaborate closely with peers across the organization to ensure alignment on objectives and resources required to execute.
* Lead with vision, clarity, and collaboration to empower teams, in marketing and cross-functionally, to drive performance and customer-centricity.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
* years professional experience with at least 8 years operating in a C2C focused internet company, leading marketing teams across all areas of the marketing discipline.
* Deep knowledge and experience in all relevant performance marketing channels.
* Deep knowledge and experience in CRM/Lifecycle marketing.
* Experience operating in a high-growth company.
* Comfortable managing the Brand Strategy function and driving a volume of high- quality storytelling.
* A strong level of financial and analytical literacy required to clearly articulate winning marketing strategies.
* Experience maintaining an annual budget with exceptional performance metrics with online marketing campaigns.
* A deep understanding of consumer behavior and an ability to identify actionable engagement plans.
* Experience hiring and scaling high performance teams.
* Comfortable operating with an agile, test/learn/iterate mindset.
* Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to establish strong cross-functional partnerships.
* Highly analytical, experience leveraging metrics to inform data driven strategic decisions designed to grow the business.
* Non-profit, International marketing and B2B2C experience is a plus.
* MBA preferred.
What we offer:
* An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
* Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
* A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
* Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva’s culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.