New York, New York
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
ORRC is looking for a Chief Administrative Officer. This role is responsible for executing the rhythm of business and with an emphasis on business planning, stakeholder management, people agenda execution and oversight support of financial controls. The ideal candidate has strong management skills, experience working in an COO/CAO office and is an organized, self-starter with the ability prioritize and multi-task.
This role reports to the Global Head of Operations Risk & Regulatory Control and has direct interaction with Operations Senior Management.
Execute on the Chief Administrative Office operating model
– Drive rhythm of business activities including monthly management reporting, score card reporting, management/officer meetings and planning session support
– Facilitate the goals planning process, including documentation of silo key focus areas, goals cascade support and tracking goals accomplishments
– Define and execute the communication strategy, including management of the silo brand, execution/oversight of all key silo communications (organizational announcements, oversight of the Communications People Committee including our online assets; silo Jive site; team sites, email group management, roadshow decks, etc.)
– Oversight support for day to day financial and headcount management processes
Deliver on firmwide strategic programs and ad hoc projects
– Partner with the Operations COO to execute on division programs
– Coordinate cross silo working groups to deliver on silo/firm initiatives
– Define and execute on silo/team projects (Build out of the Commercial Delivery Model, Support Value Add proposition exercises, etc.)
Enhance the employee work experience by championing the people agenda
– Design and execute strategy for silo people agenda (e.g., talent development, engagement, diversity & inclusion, etc.)
– Coordinate content creation and delivery for people program deliverables, events, and communications
– Develop and execute people agenda communication plans (e.g., Open Forums, Quarterly Newsletter, ORRC Jive and other online content, etc.)
– Partner with HR to drive and enhance talent management practices (e.g., training & development, advancement, goals setting, etc.)
– Regularly report progress on key priorities to senior management
Provide oversight of ORRC Risk function, which is responsible for deliveries in the follow areas:
– Execute on ORRC Risk Operating Model, including monthly reporting, incident reporting and evaluation of new processes/products
– Delivery of Firmwide Risk Programs, the Operations Risk Agenda and Special Projects
– Improve and strengthen the Risk and Control Framework within ORRC, including conducting controls reviews and testing
– Leverage the Firm Risk Standards to ensure ORRC risk assessment and profile is accurate, consistent and transparent
Key Qualities and Competencies:
– Ability to work independently with strong sense of accountability/ownership
– Excellent verbal , written, communication and presentation skills with ability to tailor message to audience or varying levels
– Strong organizational skills, with ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize demands across a wide range of tasks and initiatives
– Results driven with proven ability to collaborate across functional areas, developing relationships and driving agendas
– Ability to interact at all levels and be effective as part of a broader team
– Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite and collaboration tools (Teams, Sharepoint, Jive, etc.)
– Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and Power Point able to develop presentations for senior management
– Accuracy and attention to detail is fundamental to being successful in role
– Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
– 15+ years of experience total with 3-5 years of experience as functional manager, business management, COO/CAO support, project management, or risk management
– Operations experience is plus