New York, New York
Herald Square (22002), United States of America, NEW YORK, New York
Café Coach – Herald Square
Our Capital One Café is a welcoming environment where customers can try our digital and financial tools, grab a great cup of coffee, and get to know our Ambassadors (and each other). It’s a place where they can recharge their mobile devices, plug into some free WiFi and learn new ways to save time and money.
Welcome to a new idea in banking. Here at Capital One, we’re redefining how people bank. You see, we believe banking should fit our customers’ everyday lives – not the other way around.
Our Café team exists to enhance the financial lives of people in the communities we serve. And we’re not just looking to fill open positions – we seek outgoing, passionate people who love connecting, teaching and interacting with individuals and the community as a whole and really want to be a part of this whole reimagined banking experience.
As the Café Coach in NYC, you’ll have the unique role of leading a Café team and facilitating legendary experiences for our Customers with our branch partners. Together, you are the face of Capital One in the community, you’ll build alliances with local organizations, and collaborate to showcase our simple products and tools. You are a trusted mentor and guide for their individual development and overall team performance.
Don’t just take our word for it, check out what our Café Ambassadors and Café Coaches have to say about their experience at Capital One, and learn more about working in our Cafés:
Here’s what we’re looking for in you:
– You’re a forward thinker and drive continuous improvement. You never settle for the status quo. In fact, discovery drives you, and you’re bringing everyone along for the ride.
– You’re a proven leader with a franchise ownership attitude. You’ve been there, done that as a manager of a team focused on achieving and exceeding customer-based goals and metrics.
– You’re naturally curious and like to learn. We’ll teach you what Capital One has to offer our customers – products, services and experiences – to help steer them in the right direction toward their financial goals.
– You’re a mentor. You’ll lead by example and help our Café Ambassadors develop professionally, personally, and as a high-performing team.
– You’re a team player. You’ll work with an energized team of Café Ambassadors and help inspire your teammates as they inspire you
– You’re obsessed with the Café experience and bring our brand to life. You’ll take pride in maintaining the physical space and coaching Café Ambassadors to create a welcoming environment for Café customers and visitors.
– You’re digitally savvy. You’ll showcase what’s possible in our physical space and how to easily navigate our mobile and online experience.
-Act as a Role model for Capital One’s Values: Excellence and Do the Right Thing while supporting change management efforts
-You are an operations expert and manage processes with a sharp risk minded approach
– You’re a customer advocate. You are always within reach when our customers need assistance. They rely on you to steer them in the right direction. You listen with patience and offer advice that’s concise and easy to understand.
– You’re friendly and engaging and can connect with Café visitors and regulars alike. Yep, you’re a people person – whether you’re handing out free coffee cards, helping folks with technology challenges or simply showing off some of the cool services and products we offer.
– You’re part of the community and have a deep understanding of your market. You’ll work with our Community Impact and Investment team to partner with local businesses, nonprofit partners, and local teams to plan events both in and outside of the Café.
-You’re naturally curious and like to learn.
If you’re nodding along and like what you’re reading, let’s talk.
– High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent Certification
– At least 2 years of Customer, Retail, or Financial Services experience
– At least 1 year of People Management experience or 2 years Retail Bank Experience
– Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
– 4+ years of Customer, Retail, or Financial Services experience
– 2+ years of people management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked. New York City: $108,600 – $123,900 for Cafe Coach Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate’s offer letter. This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections ; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).