Walton, New York
The Business Data Analyst enables Macys marketing with data and data management solutions. As a member of the marketing systems team, the Business Data Analyst acts as a liaison between the business users and the technology teams to advocate marketing data, data marts and systems/applications. This position enables marketing solutions by assuring quality and availability of associated data. The Business Data Analysts function is detail intensive, requiring the accurate capture and translation of data requirements (both tactical and analytical needs) and validation/verification of the working solution.
· Participate in end-to-end documentation of data and reporting requirements for marketing systems projects, including:
· Identify source systems and data required to meet user’s current and potential future needs.
· Identify source and target mappings.
· Define and validate transformation logic required to support information requirements.
· Ability to identify effective data visualization solutions to address business questions.
· Participate in solution development process to ensure solution addresses all business requirements
· Identify and implement reporting solutions, using automation capabilities when appropriate.
· Define acceptance criteria for each project.
· Establish and coordinate user acceptance testing and plan.
· Conduct testing and validation.
· Deliver end-user training.
· Present status, milestones and issues to management and other stakeholders related to assigned projects.
· Develop the process and supporting artifacts to organize information management into data dictionary, data lineage, and other supporting documents.
· Maintain a thorough understanding of analytics, data repositories, data models and reporting systems, including:
· Understand and document the underlying data elements, constraints, flows and sources supporting the business domain.
· SME (subject matter expert) on macys.com business processes, data, marketing eco-system as well as data received from other sources.
· Participate in meetings with all interested groups to evaluate potential changes to the marketing data and processes.
· With understanding of marketing system and data needs, proactively identify gaps in data coverage and identify required enhancements and opportunities for improvement.
· Work with customers to bring clarity to translate high-level requirements into actionable and achievable products.
· Help analyze and solve day-to-day challenges with data and analytics/reporting systems, including:
· Research data and systems issues.
· Resolve and/or prioritize issue resolution.
· Proactively identify data quality problems and support solution identification.
· Interpret highly complex physical and logical data models.
· Ability to operate as a project coordinator utilizing a cross functional/matrix team.
· Perform other job-related duties and activities as requested.
· BA/BS Degree, advanced degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
· 3+ years of business analyst experience.
· 3+ years working experience with SQL databases.
· Comfortable using systems/technology including Hadoop, Google Big Query, Google BigQuery, and Tableau.
· Extremely detail oriented.
· Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with senior management, architects, data modelers, data visualization experts, and developers.
· Comfortable working independently to achieve successful results with minimal guidance.
· Confidently handle multiple projects simultaneously and under deadlines.
· Strong prioritization and organizational skills.
· Possess an analytical mindset and demonstrable critical thinking skills.
Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.