New York, New York
Staff BI Engineer
Founded more than 165 years ago, Anheuser-Busch is one of America’s most iconic companies and the undisputed leader of the U.S. beer industry, with brands such as Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, Stella Artois and many more. We are proud of our history and heritage and remain committed to brewing the great-tasting, high-quality beers that have satisfied beer drinkers for generations.
Today, we are 18,000 colleagues strong-spread out across the country, united by a deep passion for making great products and an unwavering commitment to supporting the communities that we call home. Dreaming big is in our DNA, and we are now writing the next chapter in Anheuser-Busch’s great history – one of growth, innovation, responsibility and sustainability. And one that will help us achieve our mission of bringing people together for the next 165 years and beyond.
We hope you will consider joining us on this mission!
The Job & The Team
“BeerTech” is a new function inside Anheuser-Busch, which operates like a startup. BeerTech is responsible for building software products that are a competitive advantage to our business and comprises three technical guilds (Data Engineering, Data Science, Software Engineering) which support our Product Office.
As a member of the BI Engineering team, you form part of the Software Engineering guild. In this role you will work at the intersection of understanding business problems so that you can build reporting applications and products that invoke people to take data driven decisions. This will entail developing a deep understanding of existing processes, data that supports the processes and high frequency iterations to ship aesthetically compelling visualizations and reporting products. You will also have the opportunity to influence architecture and technology to promote the quality and innovation necessary for industry changing data driven decisions at all levels of the company.
As a member of the UI/UX Engineering team, you will design and build frontend systems and graphics that change and augment human interactions with new and existing processes. This will entail understanding existing processes, simplifying them and embedding machine learning into every step in the user journey and helping the user learn with machines as they get smarter together. You will also have the opportunity to influence architecture and the technology stack to promote quality and innovation necessary for industry changing experiences.
What you will do
· Understanding existing processes and workflows through direct interactions with end users and cross-functional process owners.
· Synthesis information and data from Users, Process Owners, to deliver simple, elegant, action invoking reports and applications.
· Daily interactions with Product, Data Science and Data Engineering teams to iterate quickly and constantly change / update / add visualizations to our reporting products.
· Build data models using the latest cloud technologies that support fast, low maintenance and scalable problem solving.
· Collect and monitor user telemetry and user feedback to continuously improve and upgrade reporting assets.
Who we are looking for
Benefits & Work perks
We offer generous benefit plan options that can be tailored for your needs and wellbeing:
· Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Tax-Advantaged Savings and Spending Accounts
· Life Insurance and Disability Income Protection
· Generous Parental Leave and FMLA policies
· 401(k) Retirement Savings options with a generous company matching contribution
· Chance to work in a fast-paced environment among a company of owners
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.