Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
As a member of QBE’s Next Generation Underwriting Program, you will experience what it’s like to be an Associate Underwriter in the real world. QBE provides an environment where you can hone in on your interpersonal skills, and get an opportunity to learn and develop, ultimately preparing you for your future career as an Underwriter on QBE’s team. Now is the perfect time to join our growing team! QBE will provide opportunities to work in a truly global environment with diverse teams and present valuable experiences, which will give you real-world exposure.
As a participant, you will:
• Actively participate in a one-year accelerated development training program to learn the insurance industry and each line of business
• Have the opportunity to travel to QBE North America office’s
• Evaluate risk on current customers and prospects
• Interact and learn from executive leadership
We can never really predict what’s around the corner, but at QBE we’re asking the right questions to enable a more resilient future by helping those around us build strength and embrace change to their advantage. We’re an international insurer that’s building momentum towards realizing our vision of becoming the most consistent and innovative risk partner.
And our people will be at the center of our success. We’re proud to work together, and encourage each other to enable resilience for our customers, our environment, our economies and our communities.
With more than 12,000 people working across 27 countries, we’re big enough to make a real impact, but small enough to provide a friendly workplace, where people are down-to-earth, passionate, and kind.
We believe this is our moment: What if it was yours too?
Your career at QBE – let’s make it happen !
US Only – Travel Frequency
• Infrequent (approximately 1 – 4 trips annually)
US Only – Physical Demands
• General office jobs: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is not substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate basic office equipment including telephone, headset and computer. Incumbent must be able to lift basic office equipment up to 20 lbs.
US Only – Disclaimer
• To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
• Individual Contributor
• The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee’s normal duties. Our Group Code of Ethics and Conduct addresses the responsibilities we all have at QBE to our company, to each other and to our customers, suppliers, communities and governments. It provides clear guidance to help us to make good judgement calls.
Base pay offered will vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location and business needs.
Hourly Salary Range: $27.00 – $40.50
AL, AR, AZ, Fresno, CA, CO (Remote), DE (Remote), FL, GA, IA, ID, IL (Remote), IN, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV and WY
Hourly Salary Range: $29.80 – $44.70
CA (Remote, Irvine and Woodland), Greenwood Village CO, CT, Chicago IL, MA, MD, NY (Remote), RI, Houston TX and WA
Hourly Salary Range: $33.80 – $50.70
San Francisco CA, NJ and New York City NY
You are more than your work – and QBE is more than a workplace, which is why QBE provides you with the benefits, support and flexibility to help you concentrate on living your best life personally and professionally. Employees scheduled over 30 hours a week will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health.
We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution and a paid-time off program. In addition, our paid-family and care-giver leaves are available to support our employees and their families. Regular full-time and part-time employees will also be eligible for QBE’s annual discretionary bonus plan based on business and individual performance.
QBE recognizes that exemplary benefits extend beyond benefits coverage and compensation. Flexibility in your working environment is important to maintaining balance and QBE is dedicated to ensuring employees achieve personal and professional integration by providing the opportunity for hybrid work arrangements.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click “Apply” and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.