Brooklyn, New York
The Bachrach Group
Assistant Property Manager
· Responsible for day-to-day property management functions.
· Assist with campus and retail tenant move in and move-outs.
· Serves as a liaison between operations and events teams.
· Conduct regular property inspections of all buildings-targeting 1 complete building inspection per week.
· Assist in managing Janitorial, Security, Landscaping, and other key services.
· Maintain appropriate contracts, communications, and filings using standard, approved company service contracts with appropriate termination rights, proper insurance certificates, etc.
· Obtain and review tenant and vendor insurance certificates for accuracy and effectiveness.
· Establish close relationships with office/store managers; assist merchants with merchandising, display, and customer service, as needed.
· Assist Property Manager in monitoring and enforcing all lease terms, including timely billing, rent collection, tenant adherence to lease requirements, and issuance of default letters.
· Maintain a high level of involvement in local community affairs and activities; build strong relationships with government officials, local Chamber of Commerce, and other groups.
· Assist in the preparation of all budgets and reports on a timely basis, including Annual Reports, Sales Reports, Monthly Reports, AR reports, etc.
· Develop strong market knowledge to understand local demographics, competition, media, etc.; this role will play an active role in the company’s marketing programs.
· Assist Property Manager in coding and tracking invoices.
· Monitor tenant construction projects on a regular basis to ensure compliance with approved drawings.
· Provide immediate and appropriate response to any security and/or accident issues/incidents, including proper notification of the insurance company, as needed.
· Produce monthly reporting capturing all move-in and move-out activities for retail tenants.
· Assist with Angus tickets.
· Responsibilities may require some evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or attend special events.
· Other responsibilities as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in related field; and
· 2-3 years of progressively responsible relevant experience in a commercial property, tenant management setting; or
· Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
· MRI experience is a plus.