Greenbacker Capital (Greenbacker) is an investment management firm that focuses on renewable energy and sustainable infrastructure investing. Since its founding in 2011, Greenbacker has grown to over 100 employees, located in four offices (New York City, Portland, ME, Montpelier, VT and Denver, CO), and several additional individual locations throughout the United States. With over 60 years of combined infrastructure investment experience and more than $20 billion in combined transactions across the investment team, and over 230 years of combined renewable energy experience on our operations team, we are positioned as a market leader in sustainable infrastructure investments. We invest in a diversified portfolio of income-producing renewable energy power facilities and energy efficiency projects that sell power under long-term contract to high credit worthy counterparties such as utilities, municipalities, and corporations.
Greenbacker strives to create a workforce that encourages a supportive and inclusive culture by promoting diversity and excluding all forms of discrimination. At Greenbacker we strongly value the unique talents of our employees and endeavor to foster an environment in which every employee is respected and valued regardless of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, marital status, and pregnancy or maternity. Greenbacker seeks candidates for employment, promotion, training, or any other benefit, based on their aptitude and ability, and aims to provide support and resources for all employees to reach their full potential.
Please visit our website at [ further understand our company, team, and portfolio of assets.
As Greenbacker continues to raise capital and grow our investment portfolio, an opportunity has arisen to join the team as an Asset Manager. This role will report to Senior Asset Management under the VP of Operations and will work closely with the entire Greenbacker Operations team, while also representing Greenbacker as the designated point of contact for solar assets. This may require fulfilling reporting and compliance obligations to customers, financial partners, utilities, and regulatory organizations. The Operations team is responsible for operating all of our existing solar, wind and biomass assets as well as conducting technical diligence on new acquisitions. This Asset Manager position will be focused initially on commercial solar asset management and regulatory compliance responsibilities.
The ideal location for the candidate will be in Portland, ME, Montpelier, VT or Denver, CO (but remotely based candidates will also be considered) and the position will require occasional project-related travel as well as travel to conferences and industry events.
* Oversee a portfolio of 100-200+ MW commercial-scale solar PV (and solar + storage) assets owned and operated by Greenbacker.
* Manage all asset management compliance-related tasks to ensure prompt completion and full compliance with agreements, regulations and other requirements.
* Deliver, or ensure the delivery of, all energy production and operational activity reports required for internal/external parties accurately and on time.
* Understand and assess causes for technical and financial underperformance of assets in collaboration with the Operations and Accounting team assigned to each asset.
* Identify deficiencies and develop solutions to improve the financial health of our assets under management
* Act as point of contact for off-takers, lessors, regulatory organizations and financial parties.
* Help to streamline, automate, and improve processes related to reporting and compliance requirements.
* Participate in, or manage, projects and initiatives for the Asset Management team to enhance productivity and organization of the department.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
* 2+ years of experience in a solar asset management-related role.
* Experience with, or knowledge of, plant operations, regulatory compliance, contractual management, and financial and technical reporting on solar PV assets.
* Financial Analysis experience working through P&L statements as well as financial budgets
* Highly skilled and experienced in problem solving and issue resolutions, not necessarily exclusive to the renewable energy sector.
* Highly proficient in learning and implementing new software tools and maximizing their full potential.
* A strong focus on organization and timeliness.
* A true self-starter. We are a small team and need someone to bring the full breadth of their skills, expertise, leadership and intellect to work every day to help the business grow.
* Detail oriented. Someone who will get the small things right and leave no stone unturned in the quest for precision and accuracy.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to manage workload autonomously and effectively.
* A team player who enjoys a friendly but professional team dynamic.
Medical: Insperity/ 5 United Health Care options (3 PPOs and 2 High Deductible Health Plans) / 100% employer paid for employee; 50% employer paid for spouse and children
Dental: Guardian two options / 100% employer paid for employee; 50% employer paid for spouse and children
Vision: Guardian / VSP two options / 100% employee paid
Life and AD&D: Unum / 100% employer paid / 2 times annual up to $700K
Short term disability: Unum / 100% employer paid / 60% base; $1,500 weekly max
Long term disability: Unum / 100% employer pai / 60% base; $15,000 monthly max
Retirement: Insperity ~ various stock, bond and lifestyle fund options / 50% match up to 6% of salary
Other: Medical and dependent care / Health Savings Accounts / Pre-tax commuter benefits / 20 days paid time off & 5 sick days, Modern Health: 24/7 access to Coaching and Therapy sessions for employees’ and dependents