New York, New York
About this role
BlackRock Solutions (BRS) is uniquely positioned to address the industry’s risk management, portfolio construction and financial technology demands. The various business departments within BRS are focused on providing clients with highly scalable portfolio analytics & risk management, liability-driven investing & pension solutions, and regulatory advice & balance sheet strategy. BRS offers clients customized solutions powered by Aladdin, BlackRock’s proprietary risk management system.
Aladdin Wealth leverages the same risk analytics used by Institutional investors to equip wealth management clients with business & risk management, and portfolio construction & analytics capabilities. Aladdin Wealth is partnering with wealth managers to enhance their value proposition to their end clients, build rigor and scale in their investment process, and grow their businesses in a differentiated way.
The Aladdin Wealth Technology team is responsible for leading the design and deployment of Aladdin Wealth at BlackRock Solutions’ clients. Implementations are high profile initiatives which require team members to have senior level exposure and play an active role in transforming client organizations; a typical implementation is at least as much about implementing business transformation strategies as it is about technology. We help clients achieve meaningful strategic objectives which range from streamlining operations to modernizing their overall investment and risk management processes. BlackRock’s implementation model is outstanding in that we take full responsibility for the client going live on our solution. This means that we develop a true partnership with our clients that continues well beyond implementation Go Live.
We are looking for a candidate to join the Aladdin Wealth Technology team to lead Aladdin Wealth implementations at external clients. This exciting role combines aspects of project management, client relationship management, technical execution and risk analytics expertise.
This candidate will be responsible for the success of client implementations, including effectively handling project teams, tracking against key achievements, identifying project dependencies, escalating and mitigating project risks, and keeping project stakeholders informed of the project status.
They will work closely with clients’ senior management to gain a full grasp of their business processes and design the desired user journeys and workflows using Aladdin functionality. This candidate will collaborate with several teams across the firm to deliver Aladdin and ensure an outstanding client implementation experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in Financial Technology to gain experience working with Wealth Management clients across sophisticated advisory relationships.
Lead an Aladdin Wealth implementation:
* Lead the day-to-day project management of client implementations, including crafting project plans, handling action items, and coordinating resources across multiple functions.
* Lead client calls and communications as a domain specialist on the implementation approach and design phase
* Gain an in-depth knowledge of Aladdin functionality to ensure clients take full advantage of the suite of Aladdin capabilities.
* Coordinate and assist in Aladdin configuration, testing, and user training.
* Convey client requirements and feedback to the Product development team to help shape the evolution of Aladdin.
* Present project updates to key stakeholders and senior leaders in project Steering Committees
* Develop a strong working relationship with clients to support the implementation and adoption of Aladdin
* Identify and implement process improvements to improve future implementations Challenge the status quo.
* Ensure a smooth transition from implementation to ongoing client support teams
Skills & qualifications:
* Demonstrated experience successfully leading strategic technology initiatives within a global organization
* 7 to 10 years of work experience in the financial industry preferably for a buy-side or wealth management technology provider
* Solid project management and coordination skills with strong problem solving/analytical thinking
* Solid understanding of the Wealth Management / Private Banking industry (advisory, Rep as PM, discretionary management, SMA, UMA, etc…), capital markets instruments (equities, fixed income, derivatives, alternatives) and market risk (volatility, tail risk, tracking error, etc…). CFA / FRM a strong plus
* Technologically “aware” to be conversant with clients and visualize opportunities. Technology knowledge is meaningful, but a deep skillset is not vital.
* Outstanding communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey sophisticated concepts simply and clearly to clients. Capable of connecting with multiple audiences and articulating lines of reasoning
* Ability to operate as a self-starter, operating with limited guidance in a highly matrixed organization
* Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment; able to handle multiple priorities
* Must be client driven, ability to work within a team environment, and be focused on providing a high quality of service to the client
* Leads individuals and team to achieve objectives and get results; inspires and motivates people to the highest levels of performance. Is accessible, engaged and a positive force for change. Provides timely and impactful feedback
* Proficient in English, second language is a plus (Spanish)
* Once it is safe to visit our clients, depending on the project, travel expectation could be up to 2-3 days per week
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | | | | LinkedIn:
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.