Albany, New York
Albany Medical Center
Day (United States of America)
Administrative Support Associate (Back Office)
Surgery Practice – Albany, NY
World-Class specialty care closer to home.
Welcome to Albany Medical Center, providing excellent care to our community each day. We have an exciting opportunity for health care employees or entry level candidates looking to join our Back Office team as an Administrative Support Associate.
An ideal candidate must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, both independently and on a team. This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday during normal business hours of 8:00AM-4:30PM. This is an onsite position at 50 New Scotland Avenue.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Answer incoming phone calls and direct appropriately to team members
• Interact with a diverse patient population
• Utilize the electronic medical record to maintain patient records via scanning or registration
• Schedule appointments, new or follow up visits
• Coordinate patient referrals and prior authorization for additional diagnostic testing or procedures (as needed)
All candidates must be fully vaccinated for COVID to be considered
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• No experience required
• Excellent customer service skills preferred
• Experience using an electronic health record, working in a medical office, and Microsoft Office a plus!
Competitive Benefits and Perks:
• Paid hands-on training
• Opportunities for growth within the Albany Medical Center family
• Medical Coverage (CDPHP), Dental and Vision plans available
• Located on main public transportation lines
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• AMC Pension Plan and 403B Retirement
Salary Range: $15.00/hr – $21.60/hr
About Albany Med
Best of the Capital Region
Albany Med is at its best when our community needs us most. We’ve been voted Best Hospital in the Times Union’s annual readers’ poll for two consecutive years.
For more information about Albany Med, visit our website at amc.edu and interact with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Thank you for your interest in Albany Medical Center!
Albany Medical is an equal opportunity employer.
This role may require access to information considered sensitive to Albany Medical Center, its patients, affiliates, and partners, including but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and other information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes. Workforce members are expected to ensure that:
Access to information is based on a “need to know” and is the minimum necessary to properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure shall not exceed the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with Albany Med Center policies and standards, shall be made to ensure that information is adequately protected from unauthorized access and modification.