Brooklyn, New York
NYC Health & Hospitals
NYC Health + Hospitals/McKinney provides high quality short-term rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing care in a comfortable person-centered setting. The McKinney Team commit themselves to the delivery of compassionate, comprehensive services in manner that promotes the dignity and respect of our residents. Each resident has a qualified and caring team of physicians, nurses, dieticians, and therapists dedicated to his/her physical, mental, and emotional well-being. It is our goal to provide all residents with the best possible experience during their stay with us.
Seeking an Assistant Coordinating Manager to work in the Recreational Therapy department of a Nursing Home located in Brooklyn, NY.
1. Consults with medical and professional staff of other departments and staff from associated health care
fields to plan and coordinate joint patient and management objectives. Acts as a liaison between the
Department of Medical Services and other administrative divisions.
2. Provides administrative supervision for a program of comprehensive health service of professional and
non-professional staff involving therapists, counselors and related health personnel.
3. Plans, develops, and may conduct training programs to maintain proficiency of staff and use of new
equipment and methods.
4. Allocates staff on basis of workload, space, and available equipment.
5. Participates in budgetary planning, reviews operating costs, performs cost studies and prepares
6. May supervise studies related to the service/program and analyzes modifications and development of
systems and procedures to improve departmental operations. Makes recommendations and implements.
7. Coordinates research projects and conducts special studies to evaluate various rehabilitative programs in
the department and within the overall objective of the department.
8. Directs the processing of medically prescribed orders for requisitioning of equipment, prosthetic
appliances, and medical supplies for patients.
9. As required, consults with medical, nursing and other staff involved in treatment to clarify ambiguities and
secure documentation of the records and to secure necessary and timely certification and verification
10. May analyze patient records with attending staff to determine whether they document that the length of
stay and medical services rendered are consistent with reimbursement formulas, completing necessary
11. Ensures that compliance manuals are current and that policies and procedures are followed.
12. May represent the Department Administrator in external contacts with community groups, organizations,
13. Supervises the office administration and office record keeping activities of the department.
14. Is responsible for employee supervision, performance and employee development of assigned personnel
in areas of responsibility and accountability.
15. Supervises the preparation and publication of operational manuals and procedures.
1. A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Community Health, Psychology or related discipline with one year of full-time experience in a supervisory or administrative capacity in business management systems, general administration, health care and medical/patient systems administration; or,
2. A satisfactory combination of education, training and experience
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button