New York, New York
Interpublic Group (IPG)
Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships between the client and the agency for specified accounts. Has frequent contact with client. Ascertains marketing objectives, develops strategic marketing plans and works with both client and agency creative and production departments to reach those objectives.
Oversee budget(s) by developing and preparing estimates, monitoring project budgets, and tracking budgets versus actuals
Create and monitor timelines. Run status reports. Keep team informed throughout project life cycle on status. Ensure all schedules are adhered to and deliverables are met
Schedule and attend meetings, take notes, prepare necessary documents, book meetings and secure conference rooms.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Day-to-day junior client contact; act as a key liaison between client and agency.
• Effectively execute strategies, problem-solve, and develop solid business relationships.
• Suggest and implement marketing strategies after carefully reviewing, researching and analyzing client’s needs and objectives.
• Present completed promotional items to client committee for approval.
• Work closely with art, copy and integrated production departments ensuring smooth and timely production.
• Act as account financial analyst; prepare estimates, invoices and budgets ensuring proper and timely billing.
• Act as team leader/project coordinator for specified accounts; departments involved are art, copy and integrated production.
• Develop workable budgets, work plans/schedules and establish deadlines.
• Monitor progression of marketing campaigns from initial concept through completion.
• Actively pursue and develop new business through networking, representing agency at conventions, etc.
• Prepare status reports and contact reports.
• Ensure that day-to-day project tasks and milestones are met on time and on budget.
• May mentor Assistant Account Executive and/or provide direction on projects.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Is attentive and shows interest in the subject; Expresses ideas clearly and accurately
Creates clear goals, identifies and finds the resources (e.g. time, people, materials) needed to achieve them, and schedules tasks so that work is completed on time
Carefully plans ahead to ensure tasks are undertaken and time is used efficiently
STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING
We are providing you with this job description as a guideline for your role. Based on your team, your role may vary slightly and you may perform other duties or have other responsibilities that are dictated by business needs. However, if you think that there are elements of this job description that are inaccurate, please speak with your manager and/or HR Partner.
In addition, this job description is not intended to include modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation for a disability.